Monday, August 12, 2019

Genos action figure from papercraft

This is my new papercraft action figure of Genos. From one punch man. It's made from paper and cardboard and is articulated using paper joints
I feel really giddy having finished this model as I am a fan of anime and robots and cyborgs even as a kid. It's been almost a life time and I still am the same kid inside even though so many things have changed.












October 18, 2019.

I made a new more accurate looking head sculpt  The first on looks ok at first glance but the shape just didn't look right. Too square jawed. The animated Genos had a more pointed chin as most anime characters do.

It's been a life long hobby of mine to collect action figures and robots and other pop culture items. But as the prices of these collectibles suddenly grew by leaps and bounds, I slowed down buying these and started to ask myself if it's really worth it to buy something worth $100 to $200 that's going to just sit on a shelf.

I was always into building models and kit bashing as a kid but I never got to that point where I was totally satisfied with the models that I made. I always thought this model could have turned out better or I did not know the correct building techniques to make something that I wanted to make.

About a year or two ago, I decided to go pack to papercraft
modelling and made my very first complete model Golgo 13

It was a blocky thing, and the head sculpt was barely recognizable as the source material but I was happy to just finally complete a project. from there I experimented with various methods and finally I found my own way of creating the action figures I always wanted to make

In the coming weeks I will document my action figure building process step by step as a way to keep a records of the techniques and as a reference to other paper craft and action figure enthusiasts out there

October 25, 2019
This is my latest papercraft action figure. It's a character I customized from God Eater. I kind of like the Demi Human look and I call this guy Adventure Cat. He took just two days to make and it's becoming easier to make action figures as the process for me is becoming standard. Make the head, mold the body shell from a base model, then make the joints. After smoothing the cracks and crevices, you paint and decorate the figure and presto. I will make my next figure and post step by step pictures to document the process.

These are some of my newest figures. I am more of an intuitive maker. Often I will sit in desk and suddenly start a project which I didn't plan on doing. Many of my figures are spur of the moment pieces.




1 comment: